Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Sour Spicy Beef Soup (Asem Asem Daging) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sour Spicy Beef Soup (Asem Asem Daging) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that give You Vitality.
Healthy and balanced eating helps bring about a feeling of wellness. Increasing our intake of well balanced meals while reducing the intake of unhealthy kinds contributes to a more wholesome feeling. A salad tends to make us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Deciding on healthier food choices can be difficult when it’s snack time. You can spend several hours at the grocery store searching for an ideal snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
Foods made from whole grains are great for a quick snack. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain toast can give you that extra boost you need to get going. Eating on the run can be much healthier with whole grain chips and crackers. Selecting whole grain foods is always much better than eating the refined grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sour spicy beef soup (asem asem daging) recipe. You can cook sour spicy beef soup (asem asem daging) using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Sour Spicy Beef Soup (Asem Asem Daging):
- You need 500 gr of beef cube/shank, cut cubed.
- Prepare 2 liters of water.
- Prepare 200 gr of french beans, cut like a matchstick.
- Provide 1 of big carrot, cut like a matchstick.
- Take 2 of green/unripe green tomatoes.
- Take 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of sweet soya sauce (preferably Indonesian sweet soya sauce like bango or ABC brand).
- Get 1 piece of gula melaka/brown sugar (about 50 gram).
- Get 4 tsp of tamarind juice.
- Provide to taste of Salt, sugar.
- You need of Stir Fry Ingredients.
- Use 4 of big green chillies, cut.
- Take 1 of big red chillies, cut.
- Use 6 of bird eye chillies/chilli padi, whole – no need to cut.
- Use 6 of shallots, slice thinly.
- Get 3 of garlics, slice thinly.
- Use 4 cm of galangal/blue ginger, cut and smashed a bit to release the flavour.
- Prepare 3 pcs of Indonesian bay leaves.
- Use of Oil.
Steps to make Sour Spicy Beef Soup (Asem Asem Daging):
- Clean, cut the beef cube or shank. Put in pressure cooker, add 2 litres of water and cook for 15-30 mins (beef shank 15 mins, beef cube 30 mins). Set aside..
- Prepare the rest of the ingredients, wash clean and cut accordingly.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan, stir fry the shallot and garlic until fragrant and turn translucent. Add chillies, bay leaves, galangal. Continue cooking for few more minutes..
- Add the stir fried chillies/shallots/garlics to the beef soup. Turn on the fire again, add sweet soya sauce, brown sugar, salt, pepper, sugar. Add french beans and carrot, cook until soften. Lastly add the green tomatoes and tamarind juice. Cook for a few more minutes. I don’t cook the tomatoes until too soft/mushy..
- Taste, add any seasoning as needed. The soup will be a mixture of sour, spicy, sweet and salty at the same time. So refreshing.
- Serve with warm rice 😋😋.
- For me: at step 4, once I cook the shallots/garlics/chillies in the soup for a few minutes, I will take the chillies out from the soup and put them in separate bowl. Why? Because the longer you cook the chillies, the spicier your soup will be. And as I am cooking for the whole family, I don’t want the soup to be too spicy for my kids. We will add the chillies back before serving in our individual bowl..
If you find this Sour Spicy Beef Soup (Asem Asem Daging) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.