Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Pastel Tutup (Indonesian Style Shepherd’s Pie) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pastel Tutup (Indonesian Style Shepherd’s Pie) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. There are numerous diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by making a couple of small changes.
In order to see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically change your eating habits. If you desire to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will see that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you won’t wish to eat the old diet.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pastel tutup (indonesian style shepherd’s pie) recipe. To cook pastel tutup (indonesian style shepherd’s pie) you only need 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Pastel Tutup (Indonesian Style Shepherd’s Pie):
- Provide of For Mashed Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 kg of russet potatoes, steam and mash.
- Prepare 100 gr of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of milk powder.
- Provide 100 gr of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Take to taste of Salt, pepper, nutmeg.
- Provide of For The Filling.
- Get 3 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion, minced.
- Use 300 gr of chicken breast, cut cube.
- You need 2 of medium carrot, cut cube.
- You need 200 gr of french beans.
- Use 100 gr of black fungus.
- Prepare 150 gr of glass noodle, boil according to instruction. Set aside.
- Prepare of Local celery, chopped.
- Use to taste of Salt, pepper, nutmeg.
- Use 100 ml of chicken stock.
- Provide 150 ml of full fat milk.
- Prepare of Others.
- You need 4 of eggs, boil and cut in circle shape.
- Take 150 gr of shredded cheddar cheese for topping.
- You need 2 of egg yolks.
Instructions to make Pastel Tutup (Indonesian Style Shepherd’s Pie):
- For mashed potatoes. Boil the potatoes, mash it while it is still warm. Add milk powder, butter/margarine, shredded cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg, to taste. Set aside.
- For the filling: heat the butter/margarine in a pan, add garlic and onion. Cook until fragrant and turn translucent. Add the chicken, cook until no longer pink. Add carrot, cook until half done, add french bean, black fungus. Continue cooking until all veggies are cooked. Do not cook until too soft. Lastly add the glass noodle, chicken stock and milk. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste. Cook for another few minutes, but do not let the filling become too dry. Leave some gravy/cooking liquid..
- Cut the eggs. Set aside.
- Assemble: in a baking pan, put the filling first, continue with the sliced egg and cover it with mashed potatoes..
- Apply the top of the pie with egg yolk and sprinkle shredded cheese all over the pie..
- Baked in preheated oven 180 degree celcius for 30-40 minutes until the top of the pie turn to golden brown..
- Enjoy 😉.
If you find this Pastel Tutup (Indonesian Style Shepherd’s Pie) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.