Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are many diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most people typically assume that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some simple changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically modify your eating habits. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will likely discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will totally replace the way you ate before.
Evidently, it’s not difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's thick cut top loin pork chops over mashed potatoes recipe. To make mike's thick cut top loin pork chops over mashed potatoes you need 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes:
- Get of ● For The Meat.
- Prepare 2-2 of " Thick Cut Top Loin Chops [1 pound a piece].
- You need of ● For The Brine.
- Get 3 Cups of Water.
- Provide 4 Cups of Ice.
- Get 1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar.
- Use 1/3 Cup of Kosher Salt.
- You need 6 Cloves of Fresh Garlic [left whole].
- You need 1 tbsp of Whole Pepper Corns.
- Take 1 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of Thyme.
- Provide of ● For The Seasonings.
- Take to taste of Webers Steak & Chop Seasoning.
- You need to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Take to taste of Onion Powder.
- Provide to taste of Garlic Powder.
- Take of ● For The Sides.
- Get as needed of Homemade Mashed Potatoes.
- Take as needed of Homemade Pork Gravy [use pan drippings].
- Prepare as needed of Fresh Baked French Bread.
- Use as needed of Whipped Honey Or Cream Butter.
Instructions to make Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes:
- Two – 1 pound 2" thick Top Loin chops pictured. Fat trimmed..
- Create your brine. Add everything in the ● Brine Section [except ice] in a pot and bring to a boil. Stir until sugar, salt and seasonings are fully dissolved..
- Place brine in a plastic bowl. Allow brine to cool. Add ice to cool completely…
- Add chops in brine with additional ice if needed and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. Ideally you'll want your brine at 36°..
- Pull your chops rinse and pat dry. Season as desired. Allow chops to come to room temperature..
- Coat chops with oil and generously season all sides. Especially with fresh ground black pepper..
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Using a cast iron skillet, heat it to a high searing heat..
- Sear your chops on all sides. About 2 1/2 minutes on each side. Try not to flip too early. You want a solid char on your meat..
- Place hot skillet and chops in your 350° oven until chops have reached an internal temperature of 140°. Usually 8 to 10 minutes..
- Do not cut in to meat to check for doneness. You'll only release all its natural juices. Simply use a digital thermometer. Be careful to not overcook. Otherwise you'll have dry chops..
- Once at 140° – pull from oven and allow pork to rest out of skillet for 5 minutes. Serve on personalized cast iron skillets over mashed or, to the side of baked potatoes. Fresh baked French bread and a chilly acidic salad to cut the richness of the pork are also great ideas. I have several chilly, crispy, citrus acid based salad recipes under my profile if you're interested..
- Sliced Top Loin. Any juicy leftovers make for fantastic Sautéed Onion & Mushroom Sliders. Or, BBQ Sandwiches. Both on Brioche Buns..
If you find this Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.