Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pongal Kootu Veg Biryani recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pongal Kootu Veg Biryani recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Although we’re always being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few modest changes.
Initially, you should be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you don’t want to eat. For example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. A good healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pongal kootu veg biryani recipe. You can cook pongal kootu veg biryani using 28 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Pongal Kootu Veg Biryani:
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tamarind pulp.
- Provide 1/2 cup of toor dal.
- Use 1 of chopped potato.
- Use 1 of chopped carrot.
- Use 1/2 cup of chopped broad beans.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped French beans.
- Prepare 1 of chopped sweet potato.
- Take 100 grams of pumpkin chopped.
- Prepare 1 of chopped ash gourd.
- You need 2-4 of dry red chillies.
- Take 1 tbsp of chana dal.
- Provide 2 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- Use 1/2 cup of grated coconut.
- Get 1/2 tsp of fenugreek seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Provide 1 pinch of asafoetida.
- Take 2 cups of Basmati Rice.
- Take 5-6 leaves of curry.
- Provide 1 stick of cinnamon.
- Use 2 of dried bay leaves.
- Get 1 tsp of pepper corns.
- You need 3-4 of cloves.
- Provide 1 of star anise.
- Prepare 1 of maze flower.
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Provide 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3-4 string of strands of saffron.
Steps to make Pongal Kootu Veg Biryani:
- Tie cinnamon stick, dried bay leaves, pepper corns, cloves, star anise, maze flower in a small piece of muslin cloth and keep aside.
- Wash rice and cook them with double water, muslin potli of spices and salt to taste.
- In a pressure cooker, cook washed toor dal and mash it well.
- In another pan put all the chopped veggies and cover them with little water and cook covered till soft.
- In a pan heat 1 tsp of oil and add coriander seeds, chana dal, fenugreek seeds and 2 dry chillies and fry these till the dal becomes little golden in colour.
- The add grated coconut and roast it till the coconut is golden in colour, cool it a bit and grind to a fine paste with help of little water.
- In the vegetables pot add tamrind pulp, cooked toor dal, ground masala paste and salt to taste and mix well then cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Cook till most of the water is absorbed as we don’t want it to be much liquid for biryani..
- Heat remaining oil and add red chillies, asafetida, mustard seeds and curry leaves and let them crackle. Now put this tempering in prepared Kootu.
- And finally layer the biryani in a microwave safe pot, one layer rice then one layer of Kootu and repeat it till your preference.
- Mix saffron with warm milk and pour it over the final layer of rice, close the lid of the pot and microwave for a minute.
If you find this Pongal Kootu Veg Biryani recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.