Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect French Onion Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Power Treats.
We are very mindful that consuming healthy snacks can help us truly feel better inside our bodies. Increasing our consumption of sensible foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a role in a more wholesome feeling. A piece of pizza will not make you feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s hard to find wholesome foods for snacks between meals. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have a great number of options. Why not try one of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain foods are an excellent choice for a fast healthy snack. A slice of whole wheat toast, as an example is a great snack in the morning hours. Eating on the run may be much healthier with whole fiber chips and crackers. Deciding on whole grain foods is always far better than eating the processed grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
You do not have to look far to locate a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s simple to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To make french onion soup you need 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup:
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- Get 4 of onions, sliced.
- Get 2 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Use 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 of fresh thyme sprigs.
- Provide of Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Provide 1 cup of red wine, about 1/2 bottle.
- You need 3 of heaping Tbsp all-purpose flour.
- Provide 2 quarts of beef broth.
- Get 1 of baguette, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of grated Gruyere.
Instructions to make French Onion Soup:
- Melt the stick of butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, and salt and pepper and cook until the onions are very soft and caramelized, about 25 minutes. Add the wine, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the wine has evaporated and the onions are dry, about 5 minutes. Discard the bay leaves and thyme sprigs..
- Dust the onions with the flour and give them a stir. Turn the heat down to medium low so the flour doesn't burn, and cook for 10 minutes..
- When you're ready to eat, preheat the broiler. Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle the slices with the Gruyere and broil until bubbly and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes..
- Ladle the soup in bowls and float several of the Gruyere croutons on top..
- Alternative method: Ladle the soup into bowls, top each with 2 slices of bread and top with cheese. Put the bowls into the oven to toast the bread and melt the cheese..
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.