Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegan French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegan French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who suffer from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Even though we’re constantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most people typically assume that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, however, just making some modest changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping as it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? Having a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating plan.
All in all, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vegan french onion soup recipe. You can cook vegan french onion soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vegan French Onion Soup:
- Provide 50 g of dairy free butter.
- Use 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 kg of onions, halved and thinly sliced.
- Use 1-2 tsp of sugar.
- Use 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced.
- Provide 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- Get 250 ml of dry white wine.
- You need 1.5 l of hot vegetable stock.
- Use 2 slices of toast, per serving.
- Provide 200 g of vegan cheese, grated.
Instructions to make Vegan French Onion Soup:
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large heavy-based pan. Add the onions and fry with the lid on for 10 mins until soft..
- Sprinkle in the sugar and cook for 20 mins more, stirring frequently, until caramelised. The onions should be really golden, full of flavour and soft when pinched between your fingers. Take care towards the end to ensure that they don’t burn..
- Add the garlic cloves for the final few minutes of the onions’ cooking time, then sprinkle in the plain flour and stir well..
- Increase the heat and keep stirring as you gradually add the wine, followed by the vegetables stock. Cover and simmer for 15-20 mins..
- Serve with vegan grated cheese and toast slices..
If you find this Vegan French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.