Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for French Onion Soup w/some pics recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup w/some pics recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup w/some pics recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Enhancing Snack foods.
Healthy and balanced eating helps bring about a feeling of wellness. We tend to feel way less gross after we increase our daily allowance of nutritious foods and decrease our consumption of processed foods. A salad allows us to feel better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Selecting healthier food choices can be difficult when it’s snack time. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have countless options. Why not try one of many following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Foods made from whole grains are great for a quick snack. A slice of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the early morning. Eating on the run can easily be much healthier with whole grain chips and crackers. Make the shift from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain choices.
You will find lots of healthy treats you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s simple to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup w/some pics recipe. You can have french onion soup w/some pics using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare French Onion Soup w/some pics:
- Provide of The Stock.
- Use 4 lb of lbs. cracked beef bones/soup bones w/o meat.
- Provide 2 of onions, halved.
- Provide 2 of scrubbed quartered carrots.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks.
- Provide of bouquet garni:0.25 tsp. thyme, 1 bay leaf, 6 parsley sprigs, 2 unpeeled garlic cloves, 2 whole cloves.
- Use 10 cups of water.
- Get of For the Onions and Soup.
- You need 2 lbs of or about 5 cups of thinly sliced yellow onion.
- Take 3 Tbsp of Tbs butter+1 Tbs Oil.
- Take 1 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1 of ⁄4 tsp sugar (helps the onions to brown).
- Take 3 Tbsp of flour.
- Provide 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Provide of The strained Stock.
- Use to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 2 Tbsp of tbs Cognac, brings the flavors together.
- Take 4 of rounds of hard-toasted french bread.
- Provide of Grated good grated or sliced Swiss or Gruyère Cheese to cover.
- Get of Cook and assemble.
Instructions to make French Onion Soup w/some pics:
- Heat oven to 450F. Arrange the meat, bones, onions, and carrots in a cast iron pan. Place in the middle portion of the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally until nicely browned..
- Remove from the oven and drain the fat out of the roasting pan. Transfer into an 8 or 10-quart soup kettle. Pour a cup or two of the water into the pan, set over heat (or back in the still-hot oven). Scrape up all the brown bits at the bottom. Pour all that into the kettle..
- Tie the Bousquet garni in a coffee filter or cheese cloth..
- Cover ingredients with 10 cups of water. Bring to a simmer, skim and add the salt, celery, and bouquet garni. Simmer, partially covered, on low for 4 to 5 hours. Strain the stock out of the kettle into a bowl..
- ONIONS, COOKING AND FINAL ASSEMBLY.
- Melt butter, add oil to a large pot. Add sugar and onions, cover, and cook on low for 30 minutes..
- Raise heat and cook, stirring often on medium until golden, around 45 minutes.
- Stir in flour, cook for a minute and add stock and wine. Partially cover and simmer gently for one hour..
- Add Cognac, ladle into oven proof soup bowls, add bread slice and cover with cheese..
- Bake at 400 degrees until lightly brown..
If you find this French Onion Soup w/some pics recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.