Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Deciding to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a number of diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already think that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup with parmesan/mozzarella croutons recipe. You can cook french onion soup with parmesan/mozzarella croutons using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons:
- Prepare 4 of yellow onions, finely sliced.
- Provide 4 of red onions, finely sliced.
- Provide 1 of leek, finely sliced and washed.
- Use 5 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Provide 2 tbsp of olive or avocado oil.
- Get 1 of dried bay leaf.
- Provide 2 litres of good quality unsalted beef stock.
- Take 3/4 cup of red wine.
- You need 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated mozzarella & parmesan to serve.
- Take 2 tablespoons of salt (to taste).
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground pepper (to taste).
- You need 1 of French stick, sliced thickly diagonally.
- Use 1/4 cup of grated cheddar and Parmesan.
Steps to make French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons:
- Slice all onions and leeks..
- Heat a large heavy base on high heat and melt the butter and add olive oil. Add onions and leek. Turn the heat down and sweat down onions slowly for around half an hour. Stir occasionally, and keep the lid so that it 3/4 covers pot, allowing steam to escape..
- Do not rush it! That may result the onions to burn. Rather have the onions caramelized which will give the soup a nice dark brown color. It may even take an hour..
- Once the onions are done, add garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper..
- Deglaze pot with wine and vinegar. Add stock. Bring to the boil – reduce heat and simmer for a further 1/2 hour. Check and adjust seasoning if needed..
- Now to get croutons ready. Heat oven to 160*C. Slice French stick. Grate mozzarella and Parmesan over bread. Grate extra cheese to add to soup..
- Bake until golden brown an cheese has melted. Remove and set aside..
- Serve soup in a bowl with a sprinkle of cheese and top with croutons. Yum!.
If you find this French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.