Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that provide You Energy.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of health and wellbeing. Increasing our consumption of well balanced meals while lowering the intake of unhealthy ones plays a part in a more healthy feeling. A salad allows us to feel better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s tough to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for snacks can be a challenge because you have countless options. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
When searching for a convenient wholesome snack, do not forget about yogurt. In fact, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we do not recommend. As a snack, however, yogurt is one of the very best things you’ll be able to reach for. It consists of a great deal of calcium, protein, and B vitamins. Yogurt is easy for the physical body to digest and, based on the type of culture used to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help manage your digestive system. Yogurt mixes beautifully with nuts along with seeds. It’s an easy way to minimize sugar while still enjoying a delicious snack.
There are lots of healthy snacks you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Choosing to live a healthy way of life can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vidalia french onion soup recipe. You can cook vidalia french onion soup using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Vidalia French Onion Soup:
- Use 1 1/2 pounds of Vidalia onion — sliced paper thin.
- Prepare 2 ounces of butter.
- Provide 50 ounces of Beef stock- *(note be careful some store brands are very high in salt and as you cook it down it may get salty).
- Prepare 4 ounces of dry sherry wine (*optional see note at bottom).
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Provide 4 slices of toasted French bread slices or any bread you like:).
- Take 4 slices of Swiss cheese.
- Use of Salt and pepper — to taste at the end of the cooking process.
Steps to make Vidalia French Onion Soup:
- For french bread, slice 4 pieces a 1/2 inch thick brush with olive oil and place on a sheet pan in a 350 degree oven until golden brown and delicious..
- In a 3 qt sauce pot/pan,Saute the onions in the butter over low to moderate heat. Carefully caramelize the onions thoroughly without burning..
- Deglaze the pan with 6 ounces (250 milliliters) of the beef stock. Cook until all the stock has gone and the browning continues..
- Repeat this process until the onions are a very dark, evenly brown.about three times. (* optional sherry wine add now).
- Add the remaining beef stock and thyme and sugar.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 20 minutes to develop flavor. Adjust the seasonings..
- Serve in oven proof bowls. Fill the bowl 85% of the way. Top each portion with a slice of toasted French bread and a slice of Swiss cheese. Place under the broiler until the cheese is melted and lightly browned..
- We are a high school so Sherry Wine is frowned upon:( This recipe comes out great without sherry. That being said adding 4 ounces of dry sherry just before you add the remaining stock does add some extra flavor.
If you find this Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.