Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that provide You Power.
Healthy and balanced eating helps bring about a feeling of wellness. We are likely to feel way less gross whenever we increase our daily allowance of healthy foods and lower our consumption of unhealthy foods. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a slice of pizza. This is often a problem, nonetheless, with regards to eating between goodies. Finding snack foods that will help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are a few healthy snacks that can be used when you need a quick pick me up.
Whole grain snacks are an excellent choice for a fast healthy snack. A slice of whole wheat toast, for example is a great snack in the morning. Chips and crackers created from whole grains can be great for quick treats to eat on the go. Make the shift from refined products such as white bread to the healthier whole grain choices.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french traditional recipe onion soup recipe. You can cook french traditional recipe onion soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup:
- Prepare 6 of large and sweet onions.
- Use 30 ml (1 oz) of extra virgin olive oil (2 tablespoons).
- Take 60 g (2 oz) of butter.
- Get 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 2 (70 oz.) of Liters of meat broth.
- Get 12 slices of baguette bread.
- You need 3 tablespoons of wheat flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Get of Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste).
- Prepare 30 ml (1 oz) of brandy or cognac.
- Take 120 g (4 oz) of soft grated cheese (Gruyère type).
Instructions to make French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup:
- In this Onion French Soup we must use sweet onions, we will find them in any market. If another type of onion is used but the flavor will no longer be equally soft and sweet.
- Peel the sweet onions and cut them into julienne (lengthwise and thinly sliced). we put them in a bowl..
- We choose a large casserole, heat the oil in the bottom of the casserole. We add butter, which is the true basis of this French soup..
- When it has melted and mixed with the olive oil, add the onions and finely chopped garlic.
- If we have not used sweet onions, add a spoonful of sugar. Sprinkle the flour in the pan and stir gently to mix well. The effect of the flour with the onion and especially the butter is called Roux, it will help us to bind and thicken the soup..
- Add the brandy and let 2 minutes evaporate to the alcohol..
- We introduce the broth that could be meat, vegetables or chicken. Bring all these ingredients to a boil for 15-20 minutes over a very low heat. Cut the bread into thin slices and toast them lightl.
- Onion French Soup, is a liquid soup but it can be transformed into creamy. It adds a little starch that gives a texture between soup and cream. A recipe worthy of both a first course and a main one in a simple and special dinner for cold nights.
If you find this French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.