Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Baked French Toast recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked French Toast recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are dealing with health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. People typically think that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making a few small changes.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you don’t want to eat. For example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. If this is not to your liking on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Evidently, it’s not difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to baked french toast recipe. You can cook baked french toast using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Baked French Toast:
- Get 8 slices of bread.
- Provide of Custard.
- Use 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Provide 125 ml of plain yoghurt or buttermilk.
- Use 100 ml of milk.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Use of Raspberry filling.
- You need 1 pack of raspberries.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of water.
- You need of Juice of ½ a lemon or lime.
Steps to make Baked French Toast:
- Prepare custard by whisking eggs, milk, plain yoghurt, vanilla essence and cinnamon powder into a bowl..
- Dip your bread in the custard on both sides and make sure bread is fully coated. Drip excess custard and place them in a baking dish..
- Pour the excess custard into the baking dish and refrigerate for 1hr for the bread to absorb the custard and flavours (it's like marinating)..
- Preheat oven to 180°C for 20 minutes. Spray your oven tray with oil and lay the bread leaving space between them so that they don't stick together. Sprinkle a little oil on the upper side as well..
- Bake for 8 minutes and flip for the other side to cook through. Bake for an additional 6 minutes..
- Remove from the oven and serve with raspberry filling on top (check previous post for recipe) and garnish with extra raspberries and blueberries..
If you find this Baked French Toast recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.