Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect French beans potatoes and peas curry in African style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French beans potatoes and peas curry in African style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. There are a number of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes are easy to accomplish with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also good for your skin. It could be that you already feel that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of eating foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french beans potatoes and peas curry in african style recipe. You can have french beans potatoes and peas curry in african style using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make French beans potatoes and peas curry in African style:
- Get 2 of medium size onions sliced.
- Provide 1 of medium to big tomato sliced.
- Take 100 gr of (Approximately) french beans.
- Provide 5 of medium size potatoes.
- Provide 1/2 cup of green peas.
- Get 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Take 4-5 of Kambuzi chilli (if available).
- Get 1 tsp of dhania , jeera powder.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder (adjust quantiy as per your taste).
- You need 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Take 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 4 tbsp of oil.
Instructions to make French beans potatoes and peas curry in African style:
- Prepare vegetables as shown in the picture below. The potatoes must be in large chunks as we do not want them to get mushy. If your beans are over riped or not fresh enough, they will have threads on the sides. Ensure to remove them while cutting. Use Kambuzi chillies for the typical African flavour. However, this curry tastes yummy even without Kambuzi. Increase the quantity of read chilli powder if case you are not using Kambuzi..
- Take oil in a pan and fry onions till they are translucent. Add tomatoes, ginger garlic paste and Kambuzi chilli. Add dhanajeera powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt..
- Combine everything very well and fry till oil releases. Add potatoes, beans and peas. Combine everything. Add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup water. (If you are using very fresh peas, add them when the veggies are cooked 50%. My peas were frozen and were not so fresh at the time of purchase, so they take time to cook. That's why I added them right in the beginning. Whatever type of peas they are, note that they must not get mushy during the process of cooking.).
- Cover and cook on very low flame. Check frequently to ensure that there is enough water in it to avoid scorching. Add a little water at a time as and when needed. Do not add all water at once because more amount of water will make the potatoes mushy and the taste of the curry will be ruined. Cook till the potatoes and the beans are tender. If there is no curry in the end product, you may add a little water and boil till oil oozes. Your curry should look as shown in pic 2 and 3..
- Serve with rotli and/or rice. However it tastes the best with regular rice..
If you find this French beans potatoes and peas curry in African style recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.