Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Thinai/Foxtail Millets Upma recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thinai/Foxtail Millets Upma recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. There are a lot of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re incessantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by implementing several small changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery because you most probably choose a lot of food items out of habit. For instance, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? Having a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a regular part of your new healthy eating plan.
To sum up, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thinai/foxtail millets upma recipe. You can cook thinai/foxtail millets upma using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Thinai/Foxtail Millets Upma:
- Take 1/2 Cup of Foxtail Millet/Thinai/Kangni.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of Ghee.
- Provide 1 tsp of Chana Dal.
- Get 1 tsp of Urad Dal.
- Take To Taste of Salt.
- Provide To Taste of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Prepare 7-8 of Curry Leaves (or a little more).
- Take 1” of Ginger (Finely Chopped).
- You need 1 of Onion (Finely Chopped).
- Prepare 1 of Tomato: Finely Chopped.
- Use 2-3 of Green Chillies (Finely Chopped).
- Prepare 1 of Tomato (Finely Chopped).
- Use 1.5- 2 Cups of Water (RT/Warm).
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 Cup of Green Peas (Frozen/Fresh).
- You need 1 of Carrot (Finely Chopped).
- Use 1/4 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- You need 1/4 Cup of French Beans: Finely Chopped- Optional (I didn’t have hence not used).
- Take 1/8 Cup of Mushrooms: Optional- (I’ve used though).
Steps to make Thinai/Foxtail Millets Upma:
- Wash well & soak the Thinai Millets for about 15-20 mins time- Set aside, put a cover to it while soaking. Get ready with the rest other veggies, spices & ingredients.
- Heat a frying pan over the medium-high flame & the ghee to it- Add in the tempering spices, aforementioned to it & sauté until it starts spluttering & its nice aroma is smelled..
- Now, add in the chopped onions- sauté for about 2 mins time, until translucent- add in the 3G Paste now & continue sautéing until the raw smell goes off..
- At this point: Add in the carrots, green peas & keep stirring gently but continuously- add in the salt, turmeric powder & Kashmiri red chili powder..
- Sauté well & add some water/ cover the pan & cook for about 5-6 mins time until soft enough but not mushy at all. Now, add in the soaked Thinai Millets & mix everything together well, until nicely combined..
- Cover the lid, reduce the flame to low-medium & let it cook for the next 15-17 mins time until all are nicely cooked, & the very water dries up completely..
- Once done: Turn off the flame…add in a dollop of some extra ghee & roasted masala (optional completely but I did so) & let it sit on the hot oven, with its lid on for about another 10 mins time..
- Time to dish out on the serving platter. Garnish, as per your own choice. It’s ready to be served now.💁🏻♀️.
- ENJOY.😋 piping hot with any hot beverage of your choice & fill in your heart & soul with such a healthy & nutritious breakfast/meal, etc. that’s very much complete & self-satiating in itself..
If you find this Thinai/Foxtail Millets Upma recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.