Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Boeuf Bourguignon recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Boeuf Bourguignon recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a number of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing a few small changes.
These changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also good for your skin. It may be that you already feel that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. Organic foods are a great option and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to boeuf bourguignon recipe. To cook boeuf bourguignon you need 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Boeuf Bourguignon:
- Prepare 230 g of sirloin steak.
- Prepare 4 pieces of bacon.
- Get 3 of medium carrots.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- Get 1 of small potato.
- Use 100 g of mushrooms.
- Use 5 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 bottle of Red Burgundy wine.
- Use 1 teaspoon of tomato purée.
- Prepare 1 of beef stock cube.
- Take 2 teaspoon of oil.
- Take 2 teaspoon of plain flour.
- Prepare of Butter.
- Use of Seasoning.
- Provide 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare of thyme.
- Use of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
Instructions to make Boeuf Bourguignon:
- Prepare the ingredients: cut the onions, carrots and mushrooms into thin pieces. Chop the garlic. Slice the bacon. Cut the steak into chunky pieces and season the beef with salt and pepper..
- Heat two teaspoons of oil in a frying pan. Cook the bacon with a medium high heat to bring out its oil. Put the fried bacon aside..
- Fry the beef with the bacon oil until it's nicely browned. Put the beef aside..
- Cook the onion and carrots in the same frying pan for a few minutes until the vegetables are softened with the flavour of the meat..
- Turn down the heat, put back the bacon and beef, add two tea spoons of plain flour and stir well..
- Add 250 ml of beef stock, 400 ml of Red Burgundy, one teaspoon of tomato purée. Season with 3 bay leaves, thyme and salt. Bring it to a simmer then cook for 30 minutes with the lid on..
- Use another pan to heat up some butter. Fry the mushrooms with the chopped garlic until its buttery browned..
- Add the mushrooms back to the simmering stew. Taste the gravy and adjust seasoning. Add more wine or stock to thin it out if needed. Cook for another 10 minutes and watch the gravy become rich and thickened..
- Boil a chopped potato and serve with the boeuf bourguignon..
If you find this Boeuf Bourguignon recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.