Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect French onion soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect French onion soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French onion soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Although we’re incessantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most likely, most people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by making a couple of simple changes.
Initially, you must be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you don’t want to eat. As an example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. If this is not to your liking on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it’s not at all difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. You can have french onion soup using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook French onion soup:
- Provide 25 g of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 500 g of red and yellow onions, thinly sliced.
- Provide 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 of garlic gloves, thinly sliced.
- Provide 1 tbsp of plain flour.
- Use 800 ml of stock (traditionally beef stock is used but I only had chicken).
- You need 1 tsp of Marmite (I add this because I used chicken stock).
Instructions to make French onion soup:
- Melt and butter with the oil in a heavy pan, add the onions, cover and fry for around 10 minutes.
- Then sprinkle over the sugar and continue to cook, stirring regularly until the onions start to caramelise.
- Add the garlic. After a few minutes sprinkle in the flour and stir well.
- Add the stock (and Marmite if you are using chicken stock), cover and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- This is great served with cheesy french bread.
If you find this French onion soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.