Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, however, just making a few modest changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food since it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? Having a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. By putting in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To make french onion soup you need 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare French Onion Soup:
- Provide 4 of Brown Onions *thinly sliced.
- Prepare 30 g of Butter *OR Olive Oil 2 tablespoons.
- Use 4 cups of Chicken/Beef/Vegetable Stock.
- Take 1/2 cup of White Wine *optional.
- Get of Salt.
- Get of Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
- Take 8 slices of Baguette (French Stick).
- Get of Tasty Cheese OR Parmesan Cheese 1/4 cup each serving *grated.
Instructions to make French Onion Soup:
- Place Onion and Butter in a large heat-proof bowl and cover with a large plate. Heat for 3 minutes, mix, and heat 2 more minutes. Mix and heat extra 2 more minutes..
- Carefully transfer the onion to a large sauce pan or a pot, cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, turn down the heat if needed, until caramelised and browned..
- Add Stock and Wine (*optional), and bring to the boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes. Season with Salt and Pepper..
- Preheat the over to 200C or the grill on medium-high. Divide the soup to oven-safe serving bowls and place 2 slices of bread in each bowl. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the bread..
- Place the bowls on the baking tray, cook in the oven or under the grill until the cheese is melted and golden..
- Remove carefully from the oven or the grill, and let cool for a few minutes otherwise you will burn your tongue! Serve on heatproof small plate..
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.