Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Boosting Snacks.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of wellness. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy ones contributes to a more wholesome feeling. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a piece of pizza. This can be a problem, nonetheless, in terms of eating between meals. Finding snack foods that really help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Here are a handful of healthy snacks which you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
Eating almonds is an excellent alternative as long as you do not have a nut allergy. Almonds are often considered a super food because they are packed full of ingredients that help boost our energy while keeping us healthy. These types of nuts have plenty of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Almonds, like turkey, have the enzyme tryptophan which may often allow you to be sleepy. But once you eat almonds, you won’t feel like you must sleep a while. Instead, these nuts help in lowering stress and provide a calming feeling throughout your body. From time to time eating almonds can even be a mood booster!
You will not have to look far to find a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthier doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to beef stew (boeuf bourguignon) recipe. To make beef stew (boeuf bourguignon) you need 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon):
- Use 12 slices of hickory smoked bacon, chopped.
- Provide 3 lbs of chuck beef cup into 1" cubes.
- Prepare 1 lb of carrots cubed.
- Use 2 of yellow onions chopped.
- Use 5 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Take 2 cups of red wine.
- Get 3 cups of beef stock.
- Take 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of thyme.
- Use 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 lb of pearl onions whole.
- Get 1 lb of mushrooms sliced thickly.
- Take 3 of bay leaves.
- You need of salt.
- Get of pepper.
- Provide of parsley for garnish.
Instructions to make Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon):
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Heat 2 TB oil in large Dutch oven (or heavy, oven-safe pot with tight fitting lid.) Add bacon and cook over medium until evenly and lightly browned throughout. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to a large plate. Remaining oil and grease should stay in the pot..
- Using paper towels, thoroughly dry uncooked beef and sprinkle the cubes evenly with a thin layer of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Reheat the oil/bacon grease in the Dutch oven and sear the beef cubes in a single layer, working in batches, until each cube is brown on all sides. Do not over crowd the pan, making sure to leave some space between each piece of beef. Add more oil as needed to finish browning. Set beef aside in plate with the bacon..
- If needed, add oil and heat oil. Add carrots, onions, garlic, kosher salt, black pepper and saute for 5 minutes until onions are lightly browned..
- Add beef and bacon back into Dutch oven with their juices. Add the wine and enough beef broth to almost cover all the meat. Add tomato paste, thyme, and bay leaves. Bring to simmer, stirring occasionally. Once liquid is reaches a simmer, cover the pot with tight fitting lid and place in oven for 1.5 to 2 hours, or until meat is very tender when pierced with fork..
- Meanwhile, mix together butter with flour in small bowl and set aside. Saute mushrooms with butter in skillet just until mushrooms start to become soft..
- Remove stew from oven. Add the butter/flour mixture, frozen pearl onions, and mushrooms to the stew. Bring to a boil on stovetop and immediately reduce to simmer. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Skim off any fat off the top. Remove bay leaves. Season with additional kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste..
If you find this Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.