Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect French Onion Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Boosting Treats.
Healthy eating promotes a feeling of well being. We are likely to feel way less gross after we increase our intake of nutritious foods and lower our consumption of unhealthy foods. Eating more vegetables helps you feel better than eating a slice of pizza. Sometimes it’s hard to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. You can spend hours at the supermarket searching for the right snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Here are some healthy snacks that can be used when you need an instant pick me up.
If you might be looking for a fast snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for lunch break. Eating on the run can be healthier with wholesome chips and crackers. Make the shift from refined products just like white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
You will find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Determining to live a healthy lifestyle can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To make french onion soup you need 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare French Onion Soup:
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- Get 4 of onions, sliced.
- Provide 2 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Get 2 of bay leaves.
- Provide 2 of fresh thyme sprigs.
- You need of Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Use 1 cup of red wine, about 1/2 bottle.
- Provide 3 of heaping Tbsp all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 quarts of beef broth.
- Provide 1 of baguette, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of grated Gruyere.
Steps to make French Onion Soup:
- Melt the stick of butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, and salt and pepper and cook until the onions are very soft and caramelized, about 25 minutes. Add the wine, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the wine has evaporated and the onions are dry, about 5 minutes. Discard the bay leaves and thyme sprigs..
- Dust the onions with the flour and give them a stir. Turn the heat down to medium low so the flour doesn't burn, and cook for 10 minutes..
- When you're ready to eat, preheat the broiler. Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle the slices with the Gruyere and broil until bubbly and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes..
- Ladle the soup in bowls and float several of the Gruyere croutons on top..
- Alternative method: Ladle the soup into bowls, top each with 2 slices of bread and top with cheese. Put the bowls into the oven to toast the bread and melt the cheese..
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.