Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect French Onion Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Vitality Goodies.
Enjoying healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way you feel. If we eat more healthy snacks and a lesser amount of of the bad ones we generally feel much better. A bit of pizza will not cause you to feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthier foods for snacks between meals. You can spend hours at the grocery store searching for the right snack foods to help you feel healthy. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
If you are not sensitive to nuts, try eating some almonds! Almonds have a multitude of health and fitness benefits and are an excellent choice when you really need a shot of energy. Almonds really are a natural supply of B vitamins together with other vitamins and minerals. They generally do, however, come with tryptophan-the same enzyme that makes you tired after eating turkey. But when you eat almonds, you don’t feel like you must sleep a while. Alternatively, these nuts help in lowering stress and provide a relaxing feeling throughout your body. Almonds frequently give you a general increased feeling of well-being.
There are lots of healthy snacks you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthier doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. You can cook french onion soup using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook French Onion Soup:
- Provide 4 Tbsp of butter.
- Provide 4 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 7 cups of sliced onions (about 7 medium onions).
- Use 3 Tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 8 cups of beef broth (I use 8 cups water and 8 packets beef bovril).
- Get 1 clove of garlic sliced.
- Use 1 tsp of sugar.
- Take 1 cup of dry white wine.
- Use 1 stick of French bread sliced into 1/2 or 3/4 inch thick pieces.
- Provide of Swiss gruyere or mozzarella cheese (thinly sliced or grated).
Steps to make French Onion Soup:
- Melt butter in large sauce pan then add 2 Tbsp olive oil..
- Stir in onions, garlic and sugar..
- Cook uncovered over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally for 20 to 30 minutes or until onions are golden brown..
- Sprinkle flour over onions and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes, stirring constantly..
- Add beef stock and wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered for another 30 to 40 minutes..
- While the soup simmers, prepare the bread..
- Brush bread slices lightly with remaining olive oil on both sides and put on pan in 350 degree oven. Lightly toast each side (turn part way)..
- Ladle soup into individual oven proof bowls and top with 2 or 3 slices of French bread followed by the cheese..
- Put oven proof bowls on a baking pan and bake in 350 degree for 10 to 20 minutes until cheese is melted..
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.