Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Scain's French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Scain's French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Deciding to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. People typically believe that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, just making a couple of small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
You can see results without eliminating foods from your diet or make considerable changes right away. Even more important than totally modifying your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. Sooner or later, you will see that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Like many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to scain's french onion soup recipe. You can cook scain's french onion soup using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Scain's French Onion Soup:
- Take 4 of yellow onions, sliced thin.
- Provide 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 1 stick of butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of red wine.
- You need 6 cups of beef broth.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Get 2 tsp of Basil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Provide of French bread.
- Use of garlic powder.
- Use of Swiss cheese.
Instructions to make Scain's French Onion Soup:
- In a large stock pot on medium heat, add olive oil.
- Add onions and stir. Stir every few min for 20 min..
- Add butter. Turn heat to medium high, continuing to stir every few min. For another 20 min.
- Add a good pinch of salt, then add red wine to deglaze the pan, turn heat down to medium low..
- Toss in garlic, bay leaf, basil, worceshire and then beef broth. Stir well..
- Once almost boiling, turn heat to low, cover and simmer 30 min.
- Turn oven on to 350, slice French bread about 1 inch thick. Brush with a bit of olive oil and top with garlic powder.
- Pop in the oven 10 minutes, then top with a slice of cheese. Back in the oven on broil for 5 min..
- Ladle soup into bowls, top with bread covered in cheese..
- BAM! Better than any restaurant. I think ;).
If you find this Scain's French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.