Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that provide You Vitality.
We are all aware that eating healthy snacks can help us feel better in our bodies. When we eat more healthy foods and less of the detrimental ones we generally feel much better. A piece of pizza does not make you feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthy foods for treats between meals. Finding snack foods that help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Why not try one of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
If you might be looking for a fast snack, you can’t go wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for lunch break. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be great for quick snack foods to eat on the go. Whole grains are generally better than highly processed grains found in white bread.
You can find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vidalia french onion soup recipe. To make vidalia french onion soup you need 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Vidalia French Onion Soup:
- Take 1 1/2 pounds of Vidalia onion — sliced paper thin.
- You need 2 ounces of butter.
- Take 50 ounces of Beef stock- *(note be careful some store brands are very high in salt and as you cook it down it may get salty).
- Get 4 ounces of dry sherry wine (*optional see note at bottom).
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Use 4 slices of toasted French bread slices or any bread you like:).
- You need 4 slices of Swiss cheese.
- You need of Salt and pepper — to taste at the end of the cooking process.
Steps to make Vidalia French Onion Soup:
- For french bread, slice 4 pieces a 1/2 inch thick brush with olive oil and place on a sheet pan in a 350 degree oven until golden brown and delicious..
- In a 3 qt sauce pot/pan,Saute the onions in the butter over low to moderate heat. Carefully caramelize the onions thoroughly without burning..
- Deglaze the pan with 6 ounces (250 milliliters) of the beef stock. Cook until all the stock has gone and the browning continues..
- Repeat this process until the onions are a very dark, evenly brown.about three times. (* optional sherry wine add now).
- Add the remaining beef stock and thyme and sugar.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 20 minutes to develop flavor. Adjust the seasonings..
- Serve in oven proof bowls. Fill the bowl 85% of the way. Top each portion with a slice of toasted French bread and a slice of Swiss cheese. Place under the broiler until the cheese is melted and lightly browned..
- We are a high school so Sherry Wine is frowned upon:( This recipe comes out great without sherry. That being said adding 4 ounces of dry sherry just before you add the remaining stock does add some extra flavor.
If you find this Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.