Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are dealing with health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all probability, most people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, just making a few modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
One way to address this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to change everything straightaway or that you need to entirely get rid of certain foods from your diet. Even more crucial than wholly modifying your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. In time, you will probably find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you will not want to eat the old diet.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's french onion soup recipe. To make mike's french onion soup you need 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Mike's French Onion Soup:
- Prepare 2 of EX LG Vidalia Onions [no substitutions].
- Take 2 of Coves Garlic [smashed & fine chopped].
- Get 1/3 Cup of Green Onions [small chop].
- Take 1/2 Stick of Unsalted Butter.
- Prepare 1 of LG Bay Leaf.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of Dried Thyme.
- Provide of Cracked Black Pepper [to taste].
- Provide 32 oz of Box Beef Broth [low sodium].
- Take 1/2 Cup of Dry White Wine [chardonnay].
- Take 1 of LG Baguette Bread.
- You need of Garlic Butter [as needed – for bread].
- Use 1 of Gruyère Cheese [4 slices or 1 brick – you can substitute Swiss if in a pinch].
- Provide 1 1/2 tbsp of AP Flour.
- Prepare of Fresh Parsley [for garnish].
- Use 1/2-3/4 Packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix.
- Get 2 of LG Oven Safe Ramikins.
Steps to make Mike's French Onion Soup:
- Add butter to a large pot. Slice onions thin and place in pot. Also, add your green onions, garlic, thyme, black pepper and bay leaf. Simmer onions for 25+ minutes until onions are limp and translucent. Stir regularly..
- Add white wine and simmer 5 minutes longer to burn off alcohol. Pull bay leaf..
- Dust onion mixture with your flour and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes to cook out any flavor of flour. Stir constantly. Add minimal amounts of butter to pot if your flour begins to seize up and is too difficult to stir. Or, if you feel it's in danger of burning..
- Add your broth and 1/2 to 3/4 package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix. I use 2/3's packet for the additional sodium & onion flavors. It really does balance the sweetness of the Vidalia Onions quite well. Simmer 10 minutes longer. Stir occasionally..
- Here's your desired outcome..
- Slice your Baguette Bread into 4 pieces. Cut more if you'd like to serve additional slices for dipping. Coat slices with garlic butter. Place in a 350° preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes – or, until baguettes are browned and crispy..
- Ladle your hot soup into your Ramikins. Place Ramikins on a lifted edge cookie sheet. These can easily overflow. In fact, it's desired that they do! Just not today in my new oven..
- Place 2 toasted garlic Crustinis in each of your your Ramikins..
- Slice your Gruyère Cheese and place on top of your toasted Crustinis..
- Turn on your ovens broiler..
- Place Ramikins in oven for 5 minutes. Or, until your cheese is fully melted and browned..
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Allow dish to sit for 3 minutes. Then serve. Enjoy!.
If you find this Mike's French Onion Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.