Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a number of illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
These changes are easy to accomplish with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also good for your skin. It could be that you already believe that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to copycat panera bread french onion soup recipe. To make copycat panera bread french onion soup you need 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup:
- Use 4 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 4 medium of Vadilia sweet onions.
- You need 2 can of Beef broth.
- Get 1 cup of Chicken broth.
- Provide 1 3/4 cup of Water.
- Provide 3 tbsp of Ketchup.
- Get 3 tbsp of Flour or Wondra.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of Course ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Use 1/4 tsp of Dried thyme.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Garlic powder.
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp of Worcestershire.
- Get of garnish.
- Get 1 bunch of Parsley.
- Use 1 loaf of Crusty french bread.
- Get 1 lb of Thinly sliced Gruyere cheese.
- Take 1 of Butter.
Steps to make Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup:
- Melt 4 TBS butter in a large stock pot, when melted, add the thinly sliced onions (no longer than an inch in lengh) to the pot and sauté on medium high heat for approx 20/25 minutes until the onions turn brown and soft..
- Once the onions are soft, mix the flour and water together and slowly pour into the onion mixture stirring constantly yielding a thick consistency. Next add the remaining ingredients (but not the garnish) and stir . Heat soup until it's lightly boiling, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes..
- In the mean time to make the croutons, slice the French bread thinly (no thicker then a 1/2 inch). Butter the top side and stick under the broiler until the tops turn brown. Once the soup is done, ladle in an oven safe bowl. Add a few of the bread pieces on top and cover with the cheese. Put back in the broiler until the cheese is bubbly and melted and brown. Add fresh parsley on top before serving..
If you find this Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.