Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect French Onion Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Energy.
Wholesome eating helps bring about a feeling of well being. Whenever we eat more healthy meals and a lesser amount of of the bad ones we usually feel much better. A little bit of pizza will not have you feeling as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s hard to find healthier foods for snacks between meals. Finding snacks that will help us feel better and increase our stamina often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting treat.
Probably the most popular treats is yogurt. Occasionally people choose to eat yogurt over a nutritious lunch which is not the greatest idea. Low fat yogurt would make a wonderful snack, however. It is made up of a lot of calcium, protein, and B vitamins. Yogurt is often eaten to help maintain the digestive system since it is so easily digestible by most people. Try putting in some wholesome nuts to unsweetened yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an excellent method to enjoy a flavorful snack without too much sugar.
You can find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To cook french onion soup you need 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup:
- Take 5 of large yellow onions, sliced.
- Provide 6 tablespoons of salted butter.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Get 2 tablespoons of worchestershire sauce.
- Provide 2 cans (48 oz) of each) beef broth, or 1 of chicken and 1 of beef.
- You need 1 tablespoon of pepper (or to taste).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of salt (or to taste).
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 tablespoon of thyme.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of granulated garlic, or 2 cloves minced.
- Prepare 4-6 slices of toasted plain french bread.
- Provide 4-6 slices of provolone cheese.
Instructions to make French Onion Soup:
- In a Dutch oven, or another large pot, place the butter, olive oil and onions in, set heat to low.
- Continue to stir, being careful not to burn the onions, this is a low and slow recipe…patience is KEY! Once the butter is melted, you can turn the heat up a tad to a lower medium. This process takes about 1 and a half hours..
- Once onions have reached caramelization, add all other ingredients and bring up to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf, Ladle into soup cups, leaving almost an inch from the top to place the toasted bread and the provolone cheese. Place under broiler to melt the cheese, until bubbly.
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.