Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Hearty Turkey Cassoulet recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hearty Turkey Cassoulet recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are suffering from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Although we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, merely making a couple of small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. Even though you may already eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hearty turkey cassoulet recipe. You can have hearty turkey cassoulet using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Hearty Turkey Cassoulet:
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of carrots, cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- You need 2 lbs of kielbasa, sliced into 1/2 inch slices.
- Use 2 lbs of ground turkey.
- Prepare 58 oz of canned crushed tomatoes.
- Use 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Use 2 1/2 cups of sliced celery.
- Take 76 oz of cannellini beans, drained.
- You need 3 1/2 cups of water.
- Take 2 of beef boullion cubes.
- Use 2 of bay leaves.
- Use 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dried parsley.
- Take 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
Instructions to make Hearty Turkey Cassoulet:
- Put carrots in pot. Put enough water in to cover carrots. Bring to a boil. Boil just until crisp-tender; drain well..
- Cook sausage & turkey in a skillet until turkey is cooked. Drain. Reserving drippings..
- In large soup pot, put reserved drippings & oil. Heat over medium heat until hot. Add carrots, celery, & onion powder. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender..
- Stir in sausage, turkey, beans, undrained tomatoes, water, bouillon cubes, bay leaves, salt, & parsley..
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes..
- Remove & discard the bay leaves..
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top of soup. Serve..
If you find this Hearty Turkey Cassoulet recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.