Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Nikki's Shepherd's Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Nikki's Shepherd's Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Nikki's Shepherd's Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. There are numerous diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. People typically believe that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making a few modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
These changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It can also be healthy for your skin because it is a superb source of vitamin E. It could be that you already feel that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
To sum up, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to nikki's shepherd's pie recipe. You can cook nikki's shepherd's pie using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Nikki's Shepherd's Pie:
- Provide 3 lb of ground beef.
- Get 1 can of french onion soup.
- Take 2 tbsp of meat loaf mix ; i use mc cormicks.
- Use 4 tsp of beef bullion powder.
- Take 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 pinch of of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of 15.5 oz can corn, drained.
- Provide 2 cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded.
- Use 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of worchestershire sauce.
- Provide 4 of splashes of red cooking wine (or sherry).
- Use 1 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 8 of -10 potatoes, depending on how thick you want your potato layer.
Steps to make Nikki's Shepherd's Pie:
- Preheat oven to 350, and prepare mashed potatoes as you usually do (for recipe see my profile page), set aside.
- Brown meat in olive oil, breaking up well, drain.
- Add all ingredients except corn, potatoes, and cheese, simmer til most liquid is absorbed.
- Spray 3 qt glass casserole with cooking spray and add meat mixture.
- Cover meat mixture evenly with corn, then spread mashed potatoes over the corn.
- Cook about 20-30 minutes, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Heat until cheese is melted and let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
If you find this Nikki's Shepherd's Pie recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.