Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for French Onion Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that many people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out several small changes.
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already feel that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To cook french onion soup you only need 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook French Onion Soup:
- Prepare 8 of x Large white onions (Spanish).
- Provide 4 of x cloves garlic.
- Take 4 sprigs of thyme.
- Provide 1 of x tablespoon Olive oil.
- Prepare 50 g of x Butter.
- Provide 50 ml of x Brandy.
- Use 200 ml of x white wine.
- Provide 1.5 L of x chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/2 of x baguette.
- You need 200 g of x grated gruyere cheese.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
Instructions to make French Onion Soup:
- Peel and finely slice the onions, remove the core and cut with the grain. Chop the garlic at this stage as well. Then pick the thyme leaves.
- Heat a large sauce pan, add olive oil, butter, seasoning and the onions, start on a high heat to get the browning process started. When the onions start to colour reduce the heat as you need to cook them long and slow to really caramelise them..
- When onions are a nice deep brown colour you add the brandy and flame if you like. Add the wine and then the chicken stock and allow to simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour. If the level reduces too far you can top up with water..
- Slice baguette or bread roll to around 1 inch thickness, make sure the crouton will fit in the soup bowl, drizzle with olive oil and bake at 180c until nice and toasted..
- Taste soup and adjust the seasoning to your likening, ladle into your oven proof soup bowls, top with crouton and then cover with the grated gruyere cheese..
- Bake in the oven at 180c until the cheese is bubbling, then enjoy possibly the best soup ever? This images are taken from my youtube channel uncle matt's cookery lessons, feel free to pay me a visit there, here is a link to this videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec5_8hmCIy0&t=28s.
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.