Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Simple French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that give You Energy.
Wholesome eating helps bring about a feeling of health and wellbeing. Increasing our consumption of healthy foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy kinds contributes to a more balanced feeling. Eating more vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a slice of pizza. This is usually a problem, nevertheless, when it comes to eating between snacks. Finding snack foods that help us feel better and increase our stamina often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Why not try one of many following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain snacks are an superb choice for a fast healthy snack. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain bread toasted can give you that added boost you need to get going. When you have to have a fast treat on your way out the door, never forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Choosing whole grain foods is always much better than eating the highly processed grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
A large selection of instant health snacks is easily accessible. Deciding to live a healthy way of life can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to simple french onion soup recipe. You can have simple french onion soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Simple French Onion Soup:
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- Take 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Use 4 cups of sliced onions.
- Provide 4 (10.5 ounce) of cans beef broth.
- Use 2 tablespoons of dry sherry.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Take 4 slices of French bread.
- Get 4 slices of provolone cheese.
- Use 2 slices of Swiss cheese, diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
Steps to make Simple French Onion Soup:
- Melt butter with olive oil in an 8 quart stock pot on medium heat. Add onions and continually stir until tender and translucent. Do not brown the onions..
- Add beef broth, sherry and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Heat the oven broiler..
- Ladle soup into oven safe serving bowls and place one slice of bread on top of each (bread may be broken into pieces if you prefer). Layer each slice of bread with a slice of provolone, 1/2 slice diced Swiss and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Place bowls on cookie sheet and broil in the preheated oven until cheese bubbles and browns slightly..
If you find this Simple French Onion Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.