Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for French Onion Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Raising Snack foods.
Healthy and balanced eating promotes a feeling of wellness. Increasing our consumption of sensible foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy kinds contributes to a more wholesome feeling. A little bit of pizza doesn’t cause you to feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s tough to find healthy foods for snacks between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a challenge because you have countless options. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Foods made from whole grains are great for a quick snack. A slice of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the early morning. Eating on the run can be more healthy with whole fiber chips and crackers. Selecting whole grain food items is always far better than eating the highly processed grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
You don’t have to look far to discover a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. You can have french onion soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare French Onion Soup:
- Provide 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- Provide 4 of onions, sliced.
- Get 2 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Get 2 of fresh thyme sprigs.
- Prepare of Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Use 1 cup of red wine, about 1/2 bottle.
- Provide 3 of heaping Tbsp all-purpose flour.
- Provide 2 quarts of beef broth.
- Take 1 of baguette, sliced.
- Use 1/2 pound of grated Gruyere.
Instructions to make French Onion Soup:
- Melt the stick of butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, and salt and pepper and cook until the onions are very soft and caramelized, about 25 minutes. Add the wine, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the wine has evaporated and the onions are dry, about 5 minutes. Discard the bay leaves and thyme sprigs..
- Dust the onions with the flour and give them a stir. Turn the heat down to medium low so the flour doesn't burn, and cook for 10 minutes..
- When you're ready to eat, preheat the broiler. Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle the slices with the Gruyere and broil until bubbly and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes..
- Ladle the soup in bowls and float several of the Gruyere croutons on top..
- Alternative method: Ladle the soup into bowls, top each with 2 slices of bread and top with cheese. Put the bowls into the oven to toast the bread and melt the cheese..
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.