Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Classic French Onion Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Classic French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Classic French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Vitality Goodies.
We are very mindful that having healthy snacks can help us feel better in our bodies. When we eat more healthy meals and less of the unhealthy ones we usually feel much better. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a slice of pizza. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthy foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for snacks can be a challenge because you have so many options. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
Whole grain foods are an excellent choice for a fast healthy snack. Starting your day with a piece of whole grain toast can give you that added boost you need to get going. When you need a fast snack food on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are always better than processed grains found in white bread.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to classic french onion soup recipe. To make classic french onion soup you only need 10 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Classic French Onion Soup:
- Provide 400 gram of white onions.
- Get 1 of dollop of unsalted butter.
- You need 300 ml of vegetable/chicken stock.
- Provide as needed of Mixed Herbs.
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and crushed black pepper to season.
- Use 300-350 gm of grated gruyere/parmesan cheese.
- You need Slices of French Baguette to top.
- You need 2 tablespoon of plain flour.
- Get 1 tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar/1.5 tablespoon white wine.
Steps to make Classic French Onion Soup:
- Peel and slice the onions thin and lengthwise.
- Melt the butter in a pot.
- Add and sauté the onions on low heat.
- Keep stirring in between as the onions brown to avoid burning them.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock to a boil in another vessel and add the herbs and Bay leaf.
- Strain the stick after 3-4 minutes.
- Once visibly brown, add the flour and mix for a few seconds.
- Next goes in the cider vinegar/ wine.
- Add and sauté the onions for a few seconds.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow the soup to simmer while you season it with salt and pepper.
- Mix and take off heat.
- Spoon the soup equally into oven safe bowls.
- Top with baguette slices and spread a generous amount of cheese covering the surface well.
- Microwave till the cheese melts / even browns a bit.
- Let the bowl cool off slightly till you can handle it.
- Serve while the soup is warm. Enjoy!.
- Watch full recipe video at: https://youtu.be/yWb4ygzX77I.
If you find this Classic French Onion Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.