Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for French Onion Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Opting to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all probability, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also good for your skin. It could be that you already believe that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To cook french onion soup you only need 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook French Onion Soup:
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of butter.
- Provide 4 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Use 7 cups of sliced onions (about 7 medium onions).
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of flour.
- You need 8 cups of beef broth (I use 8 cups water and 8 packets beef bovril).
- You need 1 clove of garlic sliced.
- Take 1 tsp of sugar.
- Get 1 cup of dry white wine.
- Take 1 stick of French bread sliced into 1/2 or 3/4 inch thick pieces.
- Prepare of Swiss gruyere or mozzarella cheese (thinly sliced or grated).
Steps to make French Onion Soup:
- Melt butter in large sauce pan then add 2 Tbsp olive oil..
- Stir in onions, garlic and sugar..
- Cook uncovered over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally for 20 to 30 minutes or until onions are golden brown..
- Sprinkle flour over onions and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes, stirring constantly..
- Add beef stock and wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered for another 30 to 40 minutes..
- While the soup simmers, prepare the bread..
- Brush bread slices lightly with remaining olive oil on both sides and put on pan in 350 degree oven. Lightly toast each side (turn part way)..
- Ladle soup into individual oven proof bowls and top with 2 or 3 slices of French bread followed by the cheese..
- Put oven proof bowls on a baking pan and bake in 350 degree for 10 to 20 minutes until cheese is melted..
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.