Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Enhancing Snacks.
Enjoying healthy foods can make all the difference in the way you feel. Increasing our daily allowance of healthy foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy kinds contributes to a more balanced feeling. Eating more vegetables helps you feel better than eating a piece of pizza. This can be a problem, nevertheless, when it comes to eating between snacks. Finding snacks that help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Here are some healthy snacks that can be used when you need an instant pick me up.
If you might be looking for a quick snack, you can’t go wrong with a whole grain one. Starting your day with a piece of whole grain toast can give you that additional boost you need to get going. Chips and crackers created from whole grains can be excellent for quick snacks to eat on the go. Make the modification from refined products just like white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
You can find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s simple to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup with parmesan/mozzarella croutons recipe. To make french onion soup with parmesan/mozzarella croutons you need 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons:
- Get 4 of yellow onions, finely sliced.
- Provide 4 of red onions, finely sliced.
- Prepare 1 of leek, finely sliced and washed.
- You need 5 clove of garlic, minced.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Take 2 tbsp of olive or avocado oil.
- Get 1 of dried bay leaf.
- Use 2 litres of good quality unsalted beef stock.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of red wine.
- Use 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated mozzarella & parmesan to serve.
- Get 2 tablespoons of salt (to taste).
- Use 1 tablespoon of ground pepper (to taste).
- You need 1 of French stick, sliced thickly diagonally.
- Provide 1/4 cup of grated cheddar and Parmesan.
Instructions to make French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons:
- Slice all onions and leeks..
- Heat a large heavy base on high heat and melt the butter and add olive oil. Add onions and leek. Turn the heat down and sweat down onions slowly for around half an hour. Stir occasionally, and keep the lid so that it 3/4 covers pot, allowing steam to escape..
- Do not rush it! That may result the onions to burn. Rather have the onions caramelized which will give the soup a nice dark brown color. It may even take an hour..
- Once the onions are done, add garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper..
- Deglaze pot with wine and vinegar. Add stock. Bring to the boil – reduce heat and simmer for a further 1/2 hour. Check and adjust seasoning if needed..
- Now to get croutons ready. Heat oven to 160*C. Slice French stick. Grate mozzarella and Parmesan over bread. Grate extra cheese to add to soup..
- Bake until golden brown an cheese has melted. Remove and set aside..
- Serve soup in a bowl with a sprinkle of cheese and top with croutons. Yum!.
If you find this French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.