Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Mike's French Onion Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Even though we’re incessantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most people typically believe that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, though, just making a few minor changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
One way to approach this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to change everything right away or that you should altogether eliminate certain foods from your diet. Even more crucial than entirely modifying your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. As you get accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to go back to your old diet.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's french onion soup recipe. You can have mike's french onion soup using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's French Onion Soup:
- You need 2 of EX LG Vidalia Onions [no substitutions].
- Get 2 of Coves Garlic [smashed & fine chopped].
- Get 1/3 Cup of Green Onions [small chop].
- Get 1/2 Stick of Unsalted Butter.
- Use 1 of LG Bay Leaf.
- Provide 3/4 teaspoon of Dried Thyme.
- You need of Cracked Black Pepper [to taste].
- You need 32 oz of Box Beef Broth [low sodium].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Dry White Wine [chardonnay].
- You need 1 of LG Baguette Bread.
- Use of Garlic Butter [as needed – for bread].
- Use 1 of Gruyère Cheese [4 slices or 1 brick – you can substitute Swiss if in a pinch].
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of AP Flour.
- You need of Fresh Parsley [for garnish].
- Prepare 1/2-3/4 Packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix.
- Prepare 2 of LG Oven Safe Ramikins.
Steps to make Mike's French Onion Soup:
- Add butter to a large pot. Slice onions thin and place in pot. Also, add your green onions, garlic, thyme, black pepper and bay leaf. Simmer onions for 25+ minutes until onions are limp and translucent. Stir regularly..
- Add white wine and simmer 5 minutes longer to burn off alcohol. Pull bay leaf..
- Dust onion mixture with your flour and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes to cook out any flavor of flour. Stir constantly. Add minimal amounts of butter to pot if your flour begins to seize up and is too difficult to stir. Or, if you feel it's in danger of burning..
- Add your broth and 1/2 to 3/4 package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix. I use 2/3's packet for the additional sodium & onion flavors. It really does balance the sweetness of the Vidalia Onions quite well. Simmer 10 minutes longer. Stir occasionally..
- Here's your desired outcome..
- Slice your Baguette Bread into 4 pieces. Cut more if you'd like to serve additional slices for dipping. Coat slices with garlic butter. Place in a 350° preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes – or, until baguettes are browned and crispy..
- Ladle your hot soup into your Ramikins. Place Ramikins on a lifted edge cookie sheet. These can easily overflow. In fact, it's desired that they do! Just not today in my new oven..
- Place 2 toasted garlic Crustinis in each of your your Ramikins..
- Slice your Gruyère Cheese and place on top of your toasted Crustinis..
- Turn on your ovens broiler..
- Place Ramikins in oven for 5 minutes. Or, until your cheese is fully melted and browned..
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Allow dish to sit for 3 minutes. Then serve. Enjoy!.
If you find this Mike's French Onion Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.