Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect French onion soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect French onion soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French onion soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are a number of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Even though we’re always being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all likelihood, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping since it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it contains. One heart-healthy substitute that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. By putting in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. You can have french onion soup using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare French onion soup:
- Provide 4 of onions.
- Take 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Take 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide 4 oz of sherry wine.
- Take 1 gallon of chicken and or beef stock.
- Use 1 loaf of Italian bread.
- You need 2 cup of mozzarella.
- Provide 1 1/2 tsp of browning sauce (gravy master).
- Provide 1 of salt, pepper ,onion and garlic powder to taste.
Steps to make French onion soup:
- thinly slice onions.
- heat oil in a large sauce pot.
- Carmelize onion on medium high heat until dark brown.*this should take about 10 minutes.
- add minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- add the sherry wine slowly and reduce for 2 minutes.
- add the stock and bring to a boil.
- add the browning sauce.
- reduce to a simmer and cook for 45 min.
- season with salt ,pepper, onion and garlic powder to taste.
- meanwhile slice the loaf of bread and toast.
- when the soup is done serve in a bowl with a slice of bread with the cheese over the top and melted in the oven.
- **if you like your soup with a little more body make a corn starch slurry and add about 5 minutes before done**.
If you find this French onion soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.