Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Navarin of Lamb with minted peas & Gremolata recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Navarin of Lamb with minted peas & Gremolata recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most likely, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be beneficial for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. If you currently are eating lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
As you can see, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to navarin of lamb with minted peas & gremolata recipe. To make navarin of lamb with minted peas & gremolata you only need 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Navarin of Lamb with minted peas & Gremolata:
- Use 500 gm of good quality diced lamb (I used shoulder).
- You need 1 of large onion diced.
- Use 2 of celery stalks diced.
- Get 2 of carrots diced.
- Use 4 of large vine tomatoes diced.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato purée.
- Prepare 1 tsp of marjoram.
- Use 4 cloves of garlic chopped.
- Provide 500 ml of brown stock (I used chicken).
- Prepare 2 tsp of fresh Rosemary chopped.
- Take 3 of medium potatoes diced (I used my favourite Desiree).
- You need 1 of turnip diced.
- You need 1 cup of petit pois peas.
- Get 2 tsp of fresh mint chopped.
- Get of Zest & juice of 1 lemon.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 1 clove of garlic crushed.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- Use of S & P.
Instructions to make Navarin of Lamb with minted peas & Gremolata:
- Set your slow cooker to high. In a hot pan brown the diced lamb then add to the slow cooker..
- In the same pan on medium heat add Onion, Carrots, Celery, Garlic, & Turnip & cook till it starts to gently brown. Add chopped tomatoes & cook for 5 mins..
- Add the tomato purée, marjoram, garlic & Rosemary cook for a few minutes before adding the stock. Reduce by half & add to the slow cooker..
- Check after a few hrs remove the slow cooker lid. 20 mins before serving add frozen peas to a pan. As they start to defrost add the mint. After a few seconds remove & add to the slow cooker.
- GREMOLATA… Using a pestle & mortar crush the garlic & stir in the lemon juice & zest with the parsley & olive oil..
- Check the Navarin for seasoning & serve with the Gremolata….
If you find this Navarin of Lamb with minted peas & Gremolata recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.