Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Marengo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Marengo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a number of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Even though we’re always being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all likelihood, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by making several simple changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food since you most likely buy a lot of items out of habit. For instance, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? A good healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been shown to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. Add fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy eating regimen.
All in all, it is easy to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken marengo recipe. To cook chicken marengo you only need 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken Marengo:
- Provide 500 g of chicken breast (skin off diced) / 17½ oz ..
- You need 225 g of onion (chopped fine) / 8 oz ..
- Prepare 300 g of mushrooms sliced / 10 oz . cans.
- Use 4 tablespoons of pasata.
- Get 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of parsley dried.
- Take 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 2 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- You need ½ teaspoon of black pepper ground.
- Provide of “ Spray2Cook ” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray).
- Use 75 g of carrot / 2½ oz ..
- Take 150 g of onion / 5 oz ..
- Prepare 75 g of celery chopped / 2½ oz ..
- Get 1 teaspoon of parsley dried.
- You need ½ teaspoon of thyme dried.
- Provide 4 of eggs large.
- Prepare 25 g of bread WholeGrain (4 slices each weighing) / 1 oz . (small).
Steps to make Chicken Marengo:
- Pre-heat an oven (180oC / 350oF / Gas Mark 4). Microwave the onion for 3 minutes. Spray a wide lidded casserole with Spray2Cook and fry the chicken until browned. Add the microwaved onion, the liquor from the can of mushrooms, the pasata and herbs. Mix well and just bring to boil and then put the oven for 15 minutes..
- Mix the ingredients for the sofritto adding a little water. Microwave for 4 minutes. Stir in a little more water then microwave for a further 4 minutes. Stir in still more water then microwave for another 4 minutes. Put the sofritto into a hand blender beaker and add sufficient boiling water to cover and permit blending. Blend thoroughly, remove the casserole and stir the blended vegetables through the contents. Add the mushrooms and put back in oven for a further 15 minutes..
- Near the end of the cooking time:-.
- Poach the eggs (see below); and.
- Toast the WholeGrain bread allowing time to cool – cut into thin “soldiers”..
- Remove the bay leaf. Serve in shallow dishes with pasta, gnocchi or rice (and if you choose the toast on the side) and then add the eggs on top.
If you find this Chicken Marengo recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.