Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for French onion soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best French onion soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French onion soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Deciding to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all probability, most people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, simply making a few minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically alter your eating habits. Even more crucial than completely altering your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. In time, you will probably see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate before.
All in all, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. You can cook french onion soup using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make French onion soup:
- Prepare 4 of onions.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Use 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 oz of sherry wine.
- You need 1 gallon of chicken and or beef stock.
- Provide 1 loaf of Italian bread.
- Take 2 cup of mozzarella.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of browning sauce (gravy master).
- Get 1 of salt, pepper ,onion and garlic powder to taste.
Steps to make French onion soup:
- thinly slice onions.
- heat oil in a large sauce pot.
- Carmelize onion on medium high heat until dark brown.*this should take about 10 minutes.
- add minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- add the sherry wine slowly and reduce for 2 minutes.
- add the stock and bring to a boil.
- add the browning sauce.
- reduce to a simmer and cook for 45 min.
- season with salt ,pepper, onion and garlic powder to taste.
- meanwhile slice the loaf of bread and toast.
- when the soup is done serve in a bowl with a slice of bread with the cheese over the top and melted in the oven.
- **if you like your soup with a little more body make a corn starch slurry and add about 5 minutes before done**.
If you find this French onion soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.