Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Although we’re always being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most likely, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also good for your skin. Even though you may already eat a lot of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent option and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemicals. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To make french onion soup you only need 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook French Onion Soup:
- Prepare 5 of large yellow onions, sliced.
- Get 6 tablespoons of salted butter.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Get 2 tablespoons of worchestershire sauce.
- Get 2 cans (48 oz) of each) beef broth, or 1 of chicken and 1 of beef.
- Use 1 tablespoon of pepper (or to taste).
- Provide 1 tablespoon of salt (or to taste).
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- Use 1 tablespoon of thyme.
- Take 2 teaspoons of granulated garlic, or 2 cloves minced.
- Take 4-6 slices of toasted plain french bread.
- Prepare 4-6 slices of provolone cheese.
Instructions to make French Onion Soup:
- In a Dutch oven, or another large pot, place the butter, olive oil and onions in, set heat to low.
- Continue to stir, being careful not to burn the onions, this is a low and slow recipe…patience is KEY! Once the butter is melted, you can turn the heat up a tad to a lower medium. This process takes about 1 and a half hours..
- Once onions have reached caramelization, add all other ingredients and bring up to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf, Ladle into soup cups, leaving almost an inch from the top to place the toasted bread and the provolone cheese. Place under broiler to melt the cheese, until bubbly.
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.