Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Cottage Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cottage Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cottage Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are dealing with health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most likely, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. In reality, however, just making a couple of minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping since you most probably buy many items out of habit. As an example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been shown to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a usual part of your new healthy eating regimen.
All in all, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cottage pie recipe. You can cook cottage pie using 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Cottage Pie:
- You need 3 lbs of lean ground beef.
- Provide 1 of large finely chopped onion.
- Get 2 cups of chopped carrots.
- Provide 2 of large stalks celery finely chopped.
- Use 1 bag of frozen peas.
- Take 1 cup of white mushrooms, chopped.
- Use of About 6 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Get 3 of oxo cubes (beef stock cubes – can buy on Amazon).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Get 2 of bay leaves.
- Provide 1 sprig of fresh thyme (optional).
- Get 1 can of Campbell’s French onion soup.
- Use 2 of heaped tablespoons Bisto gravy powder (buy on Amazon).
- Get 1 glass of red wine.
- Take of About a quarter cup of ketchup.
- Get 3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Get to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of For topping:.
- Use 2 containers of Costco mashed potatoes.
- Use 1 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 of little grated nutmeg.
Instructions to make Cottage Pie:
- In about 3 tablespoons of olive oil, Brown the beef (add a little salt and pepper)and drain – set aside..
- In about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, Sauté chopped onions, celery, carrots, add a little salt and pepper while cooking. Cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes until softened..
- Return meat to large pan and add a glass of red wine, can of soup, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Continue to cook on medium head stirring occasionally.
- Add sautéed vegetables.
- Sauté mushrooms in about 1 tablespoon of oil for about 5 minutes, and add to meat/veg mixture..
- Add frozen peas..
- Add 3 oxo cubes crumbled..
- Put the bisto gravy powder in a mug or cup. Stir in about 1/4 cup cold water. Spoon into meat/veg mixture about a spoonful at a time and stir. This makes a rich gravy..
- Check seasoning and continue cooking on low heat stirring occasionally..
- Make the potatoes as directed. Put cooked potatoes in large bowl. Add butter, cheddar cheese and nutmeg. Mix well and set aside..
- Remove bay leaves and thyme sprig (if used) and Spoon meat mixture into shallow casserole or baking pans (this is enough for two dishes).
- Spoon potato mixture on the top making sure sides are sealed with potato mixture. Score top of potatoes with a fork. (Run fork across and down to make a pattern)..
- Bake in center of preheated 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until top is golden brown..
If you find this Cottage Pie recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.