Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Boeuf Bourguignon recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Boeuf Bourguignon recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Boeuf Bourguignon recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that many people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make some simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
These changes are possible with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already think that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemical substances. Searching for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Obviously, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to boeuf bourguignon recipe. To make boeuf bourguignon you need 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Boeuf Bourguignon:
- Get 230 g of sirloin steak.
- Use 4 pieces of bacon.
- Prepare 3 of medium carrots.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- Provide 1 of small potato.
- Take 100 g of mushrooms.
- Get 5 of garlic cloves.
- Use 1 bottle of Red Burgundy wine.
- You need 1 teaspoon of tomato purée.
- Get 1 of beef stock cube.
- Provide 2 teaspoon of oil.
- Use 2 teaspoon of plain flour.
- Take of Butter.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- Take 3 of bay leaves.
- Use of thyme.
- You need of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
Steps to make Boeuf Bourguignon:
- Prepare the ingredients: cut the onions, carrots and mushrooms into thin pieces. Chop the garlic. Slice the bacon. Cut the steak into chunky pieces and season the beef with salt and pepper..
- Heat two teaspoons of oil in a frying pan. Cook the bacon with a medium high heat to bring out its oil. Put the fried bacon aside..
- Fry the beef with the bacon oil until it's nicely browned. Put the beef aside..
- Cook the onion and carrots in the same frying pan for a few minutes until the vegetables are softened with the flavour of the meat..
- Turn down the heat, put back the bacon and beef, add two tea spoons of plain flour and stir well..
- Add 250 ml of beef stock, 400 ml of Red Burgundy, one teaspoon of tomato purée. Season with 3 bay leaves, thyme and salt. Bring it to a simmer then cook for 30 minutes with the lid on..
- Use another pan to heat up some butter. Fry the mushrooms with the chopped garlic until its buttery browned..
- Add the mushrooms back to the simmering stew. Taste the gravy and adjust seasoning. Add more wine or stock to thin it out if needed. Cook for another 10 minutes and watch the gravy become rich and thickened..
- Boil a chopped potato and serve with the boeuf bourguignon..
If you find this Boeuf Bourguignon recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.