Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Homemade French Fries recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Homemade French Fries recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Opting to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a lot of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re incessantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, just making some modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you don’t want to eat. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to homemade french fries recipe. To make homemade french fries you need 3 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Homemade French Fries:
- Provide 10 of large russet potatoes, peeled and rinsed.
- Prepare 2 quarts of vegetable oil, can sub canola oil.
- Provide of Salt.
Instructions to make Homemade French Fries:
- Slice the potatoes into ½ inch thick sticks. Using a French fry cutter makes this much easier..
- Soak the potato slices in cold water for a minimum of one hour, and up to overnight. The longer, the better as this process removes the starch which makes for extra crispy fries..
- Rinse the fries twice with cold water..
- Lay the fries on paper towels or a clean dishcloth and pat them as dry as possible..
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or dutch oven to 300 degrees F. You’ll need to fry in about six batches, begin with a quart of oil and add more as needed. Frying too many at once makes them less crispy..
- Use a slotted spoon to add the potatoes to the oil and fry for about 5-6 minutes. The oil should bubble lightly, we’re only heating the potatoes, we don’t want them to crisp yet..
- Place the cooked potatoes on a paper towel lined plate and fry the rest of the remaining batches..
- Increase the heat to 400 degrees F and fry each batch a second time until they are crisp and golden-brown, about 5 minutes or so..
- Remove them and place them on dry paper towels. Sprinkle with salt as soon as they come out..
- Serve with ketchup or fry sauce and enjoy!.
If you find this Homemade French Fries recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.