Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Boosting Snacks.
Eating healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way we feel. We are likely to feel way less gross after we increase our daily allowance of healthy foods and decrease our consumption of processed foods. A salad helps us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Deciding on healthier food choices can be difficult when it is snack time. You can spend several hours at the supermarket searching for the right snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting treat.
Whole grain foods are an superb choice for a fast wholesome snack. A bit of whole wheat toast, as an example is a great snack in the morning. Eating on the run may be healthier with whole grain chips and crackers. Whole grains are generally better than highly processed grains found in white bread.
You can find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Determining to live a healthy way of life can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vidalia french onion soup recipe. You can cook vidalia french onion soup using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Vidalia French Onion Soup:
- You need 1 1/2 pounds of Vidalia onion — sliced paper thin.
- Use 2 ounces of butter.
- Get 50 ounces of Beef stock- *(note be careful some store brands are very high in salt and as you cook it down it may get salty).
- Provide 4 ounces of dry sherry wine (*optional see note at bottom).
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- Get 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Take 4 slices of toasted French bread slices or any bread you like:).
- Get 4 slices of Swiss cheese.
- Get of Salt and pepper — to taste at the end of the cooking process.
Instructions to make Vidalia French Onion Soup:
- For french bread, slice 4 pieces a 1/2 inch thick brush with olive oil and place on a sheet pan in a 350 degree oven until golden brown and delicious..
- In a 3 qt sauce pot/pan,Saute the onions in the butter over low to moderate heat. Carefully caramelize the onions thoroughly without burning..
- Deglaze the pan with 6 ounces (250 milliliters) of the beef stock. Cook until all the stock has gone and the browning continues..
- Repeat this process until the onions are a very dark, evenly brown.about three times. (* optional sherry wine add now).
- Add the remaining beef stock and thyme and sugar.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 20 minutes to develop flavor. Adjust the seasonings..
- Serve in oven proof bowls. Fill the bowl 85% of the way. Top each portion with a slice of toasted French bread and a slice of Swiss cheese. Place under the broiler until the cheese is melted and lightly browned..
- We are a high school so Sherry Wine is frowned upon:( This recipe comes out great without sherry. That being said adding 4 ounces of dry sherry just before you add the remaining stock does add some extra flavor.
If you find this Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.