Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for French Onion Tart recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Tart recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Tart recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Raising Snack foods.
Wholesome eating promotes a feeling of health and wellbeing. We tend to feel way less gross after we increase our consumption of nutritious foods and reduce our consumption of unhealthy foods. A piece of pizza doesn’t cause you to feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Selecting healthier food choices can be difficult if it is snack time. Finding snack foods that help us feel better and increase our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack food.
If you’re looking for a quick snack, you can’t go completely wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. Eating on the run may be healthier with whole grain chips and crackers. Whole grains are usually better than processed grains present in white bread.
You can find lots of healthy treats you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthy and balanced doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion tart recipe. You can have french onion tart using 17 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook French Onion Tart:
- Provide of extra virgin olive oil.
- Get of butter.
- Take of yellow onions, peeled & sliced thin.
- Prepare of sprigs fresh thyme – leaves removed & stems discarded.
- You need of Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste.
- You need of egg, lightly beaten.
- Prepare of sherry vinegar.
- Provide of ½ cup beef, vegetable or mushroom broth.
- Use of (2 oz.) Gruyere cheese, shredded.
- Prepare of ½ cup cream or half and half.
- Use of For the cheese pastry crust.
- Take of ¾ cups (110 grams) whole wheat pastry flour.
- Provide of ¼ tsp. (2 grams) fine sea salt.
- Take of ¼ tsp. paprika.
- Take of (3 oz.) Gruyere cheese, shredded.
- Get of Tbsps. (2 oz.) very cold butter, shredded using a box grater.
- Use of to 2 Tbsps. cold seltzer.
Steps to make French Onion Tart:
- To make the filling: Heat the olive oil and butter in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat..
- Add the onions and sauté for 2 minutes..
- Cover pot, reduce heat as low as it can go without shutting off, and let cook until onions have cooked down and released a lot of their liquid, about 20 minutes..
- Prepare the crust: Add the flour, salt, and paprika to the bowl of a food processor..
- Pulse once or twice to mix the dry ingredients.
- Add the cheese and butter, and then pulse a few times until it forms a sandy-looking mixture.
- Add 1 Tbsp. of seltzer, pulse again until a rough ball of dough comes together. If the mixture is too dry and crumbly, add more seltzer 1 tsp. at a time (you may not need the entire 2 Tbsps.),and continue to pulse until you have a ball of dough..
- Turn the dough out onto an un-floured counter, flatten and shape into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes..
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Filling continued: Remove cover from the pot of onions, raise heat to medium, and add the thyme and season with salt and pepper..
- Let the onions cook, stirring occasionally to scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the pot,until onions turn golden brown, about 30 to 35 minutes..
- When onions are golden and very tender stir in the sherry vinegar and broth of choice. Cook and stir until most of the broth has vaporized..
- Remove from heat and, using a slotted spoon, transfer onions to a medium bowl.
- NOTE: Let cool a bit before adding cream/egg mixture.
- Crust continued: Place the chilled dough between two sheets of parchment paper, and roll it into a 13-inch circle..
- Peel the top parchment layer off and reverse the dough into the prepared tart pan, lifting the sides to drape (rather than pressing/stretching the dough) the dough into the corners. Press the dough the rest of the way in and up the sides, leaving a 1-inch high crust..
- Filling finish: To finish the filling, in a small bowl beat the egg and cream (half and half) together, and then add the mixture to the bowl with the onions. Stir to mix well..
- Overall finish:Pour mixture over the tart crust and spread to the edges. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake for 25 minutes, until slightly puffed and golden.Remove from oven and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing..
If you find this French Onion Tart recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.