Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are numerous health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. In all probability, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making a few modest changes.
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also good for your skin. It might be that you already think that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemicals. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
All in all, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to copycat panera bread french onion soup recipe. To make copycat panera bread french onion soup you need 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup:
- Take 4 tbsp of Butter.
- Get 4 medium of Vadilia sweet onions.
- Take 2 can of Beef broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chicken broth.
- Take 1 3/4 cup of Water.
- Get 3 tbsp of Ketchup.
- You need 3 tbsp of Flour or Wondra.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Course ground black pepper.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Dried thyme.
- Use 1/4 tsp of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Worcestershire.
- Take of garnish.
- You need 1 bunch of Parsley.
- Provide 1 loaf of Crusty french bread.
- You need 1 lb of Thinly sliced Gruyere cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Butter.
Instructions to make Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup:
- Melt 4 TBS butter in a large stock pot, when melted, add the thinly sliced onions (no longer than an inch in lengh) to the pot and sauté on medium high heat for approx 20/25 minutes until the onions turn brown and soft..
- Once the onions are soft, mix the flour and water together and slowly pour into the onion mixture stirring constantly yielding a thick consistency. Next add the remaining ingredients (but not the garnish) and stir . Heat soup until it's lightly boiling, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes..
- In the mean time to make the croutons, slice the French bread thinly (no thicker then a 1/2 inch). Butter the top side and stick under the broiler until the tops turn brown. Once the soup is done, ladle in an oven safe bowl. Add a few of the bread pieces on top and cover with the cheese. Put back in the broiler until the cheese is bubbly and melted and brown. Add fresh parsley on top before serving..
If you find this Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.