Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Simple French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Opting to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a lot of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that many people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. If you currently are consuming plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to simple french onion soup recipe. To cook simple french onion soup you need 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Simple French Onion Soup:
- Get 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Get 4 cups of sliced onions.
- Use 4 (10.5 ounce) of cans beef broth.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of dry sherry.
- Use 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Provide 1 pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Use 4 slices of French bread.
- Prepare 4 slices of provolone cheese.
- Get 2 slices of Swiss cheese, diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
Instructions to make Simple French Onion Soup:
- Melt butter with olive oil in an 8 quart stock pot on medium heat. Add onions and continually stir until tender and translucent. Do not brown the onions..
- Add beef broth, sherry and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Heat the oven broiler..
- Ladle soup into oven safe serving bowls and place one slice of bread on top of each (bread may be broken into pieces if you prefer). Layer each slice of bread with a slice of provolone, 1/2 slice diced Swiss and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Place bowls on cookie sheet and broil in the preheated oven until cheese bubbles and browns slightly..
If you find this Simple French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.