Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for French Onion Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who suffer from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Although we’re constantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of modest changes.
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. Although you may already eat a great deal of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. You can have french onion soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup:
- Provide 8 of x Large white onions (Spanish).
- You need 4 of x cloves garlic.
- You need 4 sprigs of thyme.
- Prepare 1 of x tablespoon Olive oil.
- You need 50 g of x Butter.
- Get 50 ml of x Brandy.
- Take 200 ml of x white wine.
- Use 1.5 L of x chicken stock.
- Get 1/2 of x baguette.
- You need 200 g of x grated gruyere cheese.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
Steps to make French Onion Soup:
- Peel and finely slice the onions, remove the core and cut with the grain. Chop the garlic at this stage as well. Then pick the thyme leaves.
- Heat a large sauce pan, add olive oil, butter, seasoning and the onions, start on a high heat to get the browning process started. When the onions start to colour reduce the heat as you need to cook them long and slow to really caramelise them..
- When onions are a nice deep brown colour you add the brandy and flame if you like. Add the wine and then the chicken stock and allow to simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour. If the level reduces too far you can top up with water..
- Slice baguette or bread roll to around 1 inch thickness, make sure the crouton will fit in the soup bowl, drizzle with olive oil and bake at 180c until nice and toasted..
- Taste soup and adjust the seasoning to your likening, ladle into your oven proof soup bowls, top with crouton and then cover with the grated gruyere cheese..
- Bake in the oven at 180c until the cheese is bubbling, then enjoy possibly the best soup ever? This images are taken from my youtube channel uncle matt's cookery lessons, feel free to pay me a visit there, here is a link to this videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec5_8hmCIy0&t=28s.
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.