Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Essex Greengrocer’s Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Essex Greengrocer’s Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Essex Greengrocer’s Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Choosing to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a lot of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. People typically assume that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making a few modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already think that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to essex greengrocer’s soup recipe. To cook essex greengrocer’s soup you only need 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Essex Greengrocer’s Soup:
- Take of hazelnut oil.
- Get of onions, finely sliced.
- Prepare of shallot, finely sliced.
- Prepare of garlic, finely sliced.
- Provide of red chili, finely sliced (I leave the seeds in but that’s optional).
- Use of red pepper, finely sliced.
- Take of chestnut mushrooms, finely sliced.
- You need of tomato purée.
- Take of carrots, finely diced.
- Provide of x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes.
- You need of vegetable stock (I use “Marigold” powder unless fresh stock to hand).
- Prepare of French beans, in 2 cm slices.
- Get of bay leaves.
- Take of dried oregano.
- You need of dried thyme.
- Provide of smoked paprika.
- Provide of pasta, in small pieces.
- Get of Savoy cabbage, torn into small pieces. I also use the core, finely diced.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Provide of Ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese.
Steps to make Essex Greengrocer’s Soup:
- Fry the onion and shallot on a medium-high heat in the oil in your stockpot or large saucepan for 4 minutes, stirring only to avoid sticking..
- Add the garlic and chili and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the tomato purée, pepper and mushrooms and cook for a further 3 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in the carrots and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the ingredients are nicely softened but not browned..
- Add the chopped tomatoes, stock, bay leaves, oregano, thyme, smoked paprika and beans and stir thoroughly. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add the pasta and cook for another 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add the cabbage and cook, uncovered on a fast simmer, for a final 5 minutes..
- Season to taste and serve piping hot, with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese..
If you find this Essex Greengrocer’s Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.