Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Boeuf Bourguignon recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Boeuf Bourguignon recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Boeuf Bourguignon recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that many people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, though, merely making some small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
Initially, you should be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you no longer wish to eat. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? A superb healthy option can be porridge oats which have been shown to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. By adding fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Evidently, it’s not hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to boeuf bourguignon recipe. To make boeuf bourguignon you need 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Boeuf Bourguignon:
- Provide 230 g of sirloin steak.
- Provide 4 pieces of bacon.
- Provide 3 of medium carrots.
- Get 1 of large onion.
- Take 1 of small potato.
- You need 100 g of mushrooms.
- You need 5 of garlic cloves.
- Take 1 bottle of Red Burgundy wine.
- Use 1 teaspoon of tomato purée.
- Use 1 of beef stock cube.
- You need 2 teaspoon of oil.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of plain flour.
- You need of Butter.
- Take of Seasoning.
- Provide 3 of bay leaves.
- Provide of thyme.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
Steps to make Boeuf Bourguignon:
- Prepare the ingredients: cut the onions, carrots and mushrooms into thin pieces. Chop the garlic. Slice the bacon. Cut the steak into chunky pieces and season the beef with salt and pepper..
- Heat two teaspoons of oil in a frying pan. Cook the bacon with a medium high heat to bring out its oil. Put the fried bacon aside..
- Fry the beef with the bacon oil until it's nicely browned. Put the beef aside..
- Cook the onion and carrots in the same frying pan for a few minutes until the vegetables are softened with the flavour of the meat..
- Turn down the heat, put back the bacon and beef, add two tea spoons of plain flour and stir well..
- Add 250 ml of beef stock, 400 ml of Red Burgundy, one teaspoon of tomato purée. Season with 3 bay leaves, thyme and salt. Bring it to a simmer then cook for 30 minutes with the lid on..
- Use another pan to heat up some butter. Fry the mushrooms with the chopped garlic until its buttery browned..
- Add the mushrooms back to the simmering stew. Taste the gravy and adjust seasoning. Add more wine or stock to thin it out if needed. Cook for another 10 minutes and watch the gravy become rich and thickened..
- Boil a chopped potato and serve with the boeuf bourguignon..
If you find this Boeuf Bourguignon recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.