Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Cassoulet, for 2 recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Cassoulet, for 2 recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cassoulet, for 2 recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Choosing to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are dealing with diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that many people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, however, simply making a few minor changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
Initially, you must be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you no longer want to eat. As an example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? A great healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. If this is not to your liking on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
All in all, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cassoulet, for 2 recipe. To cook cassoulet, for 2 you only need 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cassoulet, for 2:
- Get 1 of carrot, cut into small cubes.
- Provide 1 of red onion, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 of celery stalk, finely sliced.
- Use 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- Use 1/2 tsp of dried thyme, sage and rosemary.
- Prepare 2 of duck legs, or leftover duck or goose chunks.
- Provide 2 of large sausages, or equivalent amount of chipolatas, left whole.
- Prepare 1 can of beans, any type, in water. cannellini beans work well..
- Get 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- Use 1 of small 190 ml bottle of red wine or 1 glass of red wine.
- Prepare 1-2 slices of bread – fresh, stale or toasted, it doesn't matter!.
- Take 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 1/2 head of cabbage, your choice, shredded, or some green beans.
Steps to make Cassoulet, for 2:
- If using fresh duck or goose, put in the oven now at 180 C, and follow the rest of the steps up to step 7 while it's cooking..
- Gently fry the diced carrot, red onion, celery and garlic in a little oil until softened and just starting to brown..
- Add the dried herbs to the fried veg.
- Add the wine and simmer until reduced by half..
- Add the beans and tomatoes with their juice. Simmer until reduced by half..
- While the mixture simmers, whiz the bread with some olive oil and a sprinkling of dried thyme in a food processor to make bread crumbs. If you haven't got a food processor then just finely chop or pick into little croutons and mix with the olive oil and thyme by hand. Or, if you have a pack of breadcrumbs, use those..
- Lay the sausages and duck or goose on top of the veg and bean mixture, and place the oily breadcrumbs in the gaps between the meat, and cook in the oven until the meat is browned and there is only a small amount of liquid left, around 40 mins..
- To include some greens, serve with some steamed and seasoned cabbage or green beans, and a glass of red..
If you find this Cassoulet, for 2 recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.