Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for French Onion Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that offer You Vitality.
We are all aware that consuming healthy foods can help us feel better inside our bodies. We are likely to feel way less gross when we increase our consumption of wholesome foods and decrease our consumption of unhealthy foods. Eating more vegetables helps you feel better than eating a slice of pizza. Selecting healthier food choices can be challenging if it is snack time. Shopping for snacks can be a challenge because you have so many options. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting treat.
Try eating almonds unless you have problems with nut allergies. Almonds are sometimes considered a super food since they’re packed full of things which help boost our vitality while keeping us healthy. Almonds can be a natural supply of B vitamins together with other vitamins and minerals. Almonds, like turkey, come with the enzyme tryptophan that may often allow you to be sleepy. Regarding almonds, however, they wont allow you to really miss a nap. Alternatively they will merely help your muscles and digestive tract relax while also helping you feel less stressed out. Almonds often give you a general increased feeling of well-being.
You will not have to look far to locate a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy and balanced doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To cook french onion soup you need 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare French Onion Soup:
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- Provide 4 of onions, sliced.
- Get 2 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Take 2 of bay leaves.
- Get 2 of fresh thyme sprigs.
- Prepare of Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 1 cup of red wine, about 1/2 bottle.
- Prepare 3 of heaping Tbsp all-purpose flour.
- Take 2 quarts of beef broth.
- You need 1 of baguette, sliced.
- Take 1/2 pound of grated Gruyere.
Instructions to make French Onion Soup:
- Melt the stick of butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, and salt and pepper and cook until the onions are very soft and caramelized, about 25 minutes. Add the wine, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the wine has evaporated and the onions are dry, about 5 minutes. Discard the bay leaves and thyme sprigs..
- Dust the onions with the flour and give them a stir. Turn the heat down to medium low so the flour doesn't burn, and cook for 10 minutes..
- When you're ready to eat, preheat the broiler. Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle the slices with the Gruyere and broil until bubbly and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes..
- Ladle the soup in bowls and float several of the Gruyere croutons on top..
- Alternative method: Ladle the soup into bowls, top each with 2 slices of bread and top with cheese. Put the bowls into the oven to toast the bread and melt the cheese..
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.